Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Leap of Faith – Spine Surgery!


I was emailing a potential patient with my thoughts and felt it best to just share:
The whole point of both Fargo Days and Denver Days is to give assurance to those not quite ready to make the "JUMP". Obviously I don't know each of your experiences.... for many the "Jump" to take a medical concern overseas is a last resort and extremely scary, many won't even consider it (sadly they will chose to suffer instead). I will admit, for me it was both of the prior mentioned! I had no real other options I was willing to entertain (such as fusion - NOT an option for me!), for me it was a leap of faith, and to many of the people around me considered it "CRAZY to go to Germany for a M6 ADR!" (family included, although they also didn't know what to do with me and my situation as they watched and/or heard it continue to degrade)
The Fargo Days and Denver Days are designed to help alieviate that feeling.
  •     Meet the Doctor.
  •     Meet the Team.
  •     Hear other successful stories.
  •     Learn what really happens from those that have had the surgery.
  •     Hear what the doctor really believes about your case.
  •     Hear what can possibly be done for you!
I personally cannot be at Fargo days as I am currently in Medical School.
I will be at Denver Days as I am on break at that time. If you would like to set up a time for Denver days call us! There are still slots available for scheduling!
Ultimately it is what you feel best about when seeking a surgery for a disk replacement.
I know for me, it was all very scary, I didn't know what was really the right thing to do. My life was ending one day at a time right before my eyes. Nobody wanted to be around me because of my mental disintegration (a.k.a. depression and anger). I took Malte's advice (Malte is AMAZING) and I went full force to Germany for surgery, still scared, but what did I have to lose at that point is how I felt.
My friends were more scared for me than I was by the time I got to Germany.
I think if you need reassurance, Fargo Days or Denver Days would be excellent!
Otherwise I full-on will tell you to just DO IT!!
My life would be Nothing without the surgery and M6 implant for my cervical herniation. I have a second chance now and am currently going to medical school so I can further help as many people as possible.
That is my stand and my story, "sticking to it", as they say and trying to spread the word and help as many as I can to find a better option available for spinal disk replacement or spinal fusion surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment